Monday, September 7, 2009

Sympathy Cards

Not always an easy thing to make.

My Mum requested a few from me recently for the Granddaughters of a friend of hers that passed recently. She was quite elderly and in a home for the last 3 years, so the family was prepared for the inevitable. Still a sad day when it comes.

I wanted to make a card that would make them smile...so here is what I came up with.

The first card, I used a stamp from my friend Ros. She got them from the UK, I think they are called Popcorn Bears. It is really quite a large stamp, and so cute. I used distress inks to colour the image.





The next card I used an image from Mo's Digital Pencil Too. These are digital stamps designed by Maurie J Manning, a illustrator, who does fantastic hand drawn images and sells them as digital stamps. I just loved the image of the little girl praying and thought it appropriate. The lady that I made the card for has jet black hair, so I tried to make the little girl the same. Distress Inks were used to colour this image as well.



No comments: